Sunday, September 27, 2009

Its warm, its blue, its Done!

The finishing touches have been added and everything is looking wonderful. When I asked Angie what she wanted as a knitting present, she answered "Hat" because babies loose heat from thier heads and her little boy is a winter baby. Which is great, and hence created the series of veggie hats. But I love coats and I decided to make her baby the "Baby Einstien Coat" and its finally finished. Starting off with just a few balls of yarn, I ended up with:


Doesn't Really look like a jacket does it? Well its bascially the back, front, sleves all knitted together. This actually hasn't gone through any finishing. Everything was done with a "pickup and knit" which isnt my favorite, but with the slipped stich edging it went easy. So now...then fun part, make it come together and look like an actual jacket! Add the little blue bear buttons and I'm all done! Now ready to finish the pumpkin hat and then Angie's gift is complete.



1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! Glad you had a great time making it and she is going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete