Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why couldn't it be Saturday

Aside from needing to finish 3 baby items quickly, I feel crappy today. I feel tired and run down. This is the kind of day that calls for soup to be bubbling on the stove, tea sitting on the table next to me, and knitting in hand. Alas, I am at work. No knitting to be had. The nice thing is my current task is going well, although much slower than the knitted hats. Its the baby Einstien coat, in 2 different shades of blue (with little sparkles in them)

This coat is a little weird. The bottom piece is not knit top-down or bottom-up like most sweaters, instead you knit a scarf like object, turn it 90 degrees and that becomes the main sides of the coat. Weird. The really interesting part is that this patten comes in 3 forms: Baby coat, a light adult coat, and a heavy thick adult coat. All are basically the same pattern so if I love the finished project I can make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment