Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Colors

So I owe an update on some more yarn dying (Cotton this time, and failiure) and my current set of projects. Also the various thoughts I have on what to bring to Peru. But alas that will have to wait just a little long, however I ran across this yesterday and just had to make mention of it...

Several years ago a guy friend of mine wanted a scarf, him not being a boyfriend there was no hesitation in making the scarf (there is a curse for those of you who don't know) I asked him what colors he wanted and he responded with "green". After going to the store I had found a yarn that I liked and was ready to buy it....so I went back to him and asked "what kind of green?" He of course had no idea what I was talking about...what do you mean there are different greens? I ended up finding a website for a computer RGB key card that had some 20 different greens to show him how wrong he was about there being just one green. Well this little comic reminded me of it yesterday so I thought I'd share:


There are several cool other little charts and whatnot about guys versus girls, actual colors, and the spelling of Fuschia, or fucha, or fuchia...you get the picture at: http://blog.xkcd.com/2010/05/03/color-survey-results/

No comments:

Post a Comment