Monday, May 17, 2010

Just in the nick of time!


Finished! And what perfect timing. I leave on Thursday and the mother is being induced tonight. So huzzah, all ready to go. One of the guys on my team, Kegan, is having a baby boy and now that baby will be loved with a knitted blanket. Probably the smallest blanket I've ever made, but that means its probably the right size instead of being super big like the others. This blanket was both easy to make and frustrating. Each of the little squares are done seperately which made them easy to complete. Maybe an hour per square, so I could knock them out fast, but even with the slip edge there was a lot of picking up bindoff stiches which was kinda hard. And the multicolor edge was alway un-even. Could never make an actual square! So that was a problem, the overall orange edge (which I couldn't decide to go with the orange light colors or the dark green/purples until the very last minutes) helped to conceal this fact but you can still see it. I'm giving it to him today, I hope he likes it!
This blog seems to have become a knitting for babies blog. But I promise that with my trip to peru coming up super soon, there will be other knitting stories. I have some 8 hour flights and I even have a 10 hour layover, so lots of knitting will get done. I am kinda torn on what to take. There's my sweater which needs the body done...but also it will be finished soon...there's starting my sweater jacket but I would need to select yarn and then there is knitting a lace shawl which takes time and concentratation but the yarn is super light... decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment