Monday, March 1, 2010

Pick up and knit...yeah right

Yeah, I met the deadline but traveling did not go so well. I did the first pick up and knit (you read it right... first...) and I didn't like it, so I undid that and tried again. It turned out okay, but there was no more time before my flight so I decided to knit as long as I could on the plane. Didn't look the greatest but I had blocking hopes. Then during the first night at the hotel, disaster struck. As I was moving my yarn around, the link between my two loops came loose and in the middle of my work was now a bunch of dropped stitches. Something like 20-30 of them came off. Well the lighting, the tools, and my mood were not well suited to fixing it there are the hotel. (The messy pick up and knit didn't make me want to keep going either) So I frogged it. Then I did 2 more pick up and knits before I left for the airport, didn't like them and didn't feel well so I just slept on the plane. Today (after fighting a really bad head cold) finally felt well enough to start knitting again. I finally did a pick up and knit that I don't hate, and started doing some knitting. Only have about 5 rows done, and its time to do some cleaning, but the progress looks hopeful. We'll see where I am in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment