Sunday, February 7, 2010

Destressify

Things have been very busy and stressful for a little while now. It's effecting my sleep, my brain just can't relax. Of course this is one of the reasons that I started knitting in the first place, all those years ago. And today it's snowing, I'm cleaning up a bit here and there, waiting for the time to come for me to turn on the superbowl and eat nachos. Therefore I have selected a new project and have started knitting away. I'm calling it a Valentine's Sweater. Mainly because its red and I'm starting it a week before valenties day, but that's pretty much it. It's a pattern from knitty, Tubey to be precise. The main color will be a deep burgundy red, with gold, copper, and creme stripes (perhaps not as big as the pattern shows, but something nice).

The funny thing is that like most knitters I understand the importance of knitting a swatch (a test piece to make sure everything will be the right size in the end) but I never knit a swatch. Well this time I did...then got completely confused on the measurments for the pattern. I think I was measured incorrectly, but still nothing really makes a whole lot of sense. So I took an average and I'm going to try it on as I go to make sure everything fits well together. That's the goal anyway, never done that before. So here I sit, knitting away, watching movies, running dishes and a load of laundry. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment