Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Styles

Everyone knits a different way. This has been well established. There are people who knit the conventional way, the english way, the backwards english way and who knows what else. Which always makes for interesting times when trying to help someone else out. But somewhere along the way I have developed a way to knit that's different than everyone else....makes it hard to compare notes at times. Most commonly kniters have to turn there work at the end of each row, so long scarfs get twisted and yarn gets tangled (at least it did when I tried this). As the good engineer that I am I sat there and said "this is dumb" and found the way to do it without turning anything. The conciquence of this is having to change the way I read charts and patterns, and of course, most other knitters can't phathom how I do things and refuse to help at times. But I'm happy in my uniqueness, and I love the way I do things, and that's all that matters. The only downside is of course the wonderful "so when you purl this stitch... - I don't purl anything with that stitch...- huh?" but I just have to be quick on my feet and realize what they are talking about, and answer the question correctly after that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment